Question Cannabis street prices in US?

prophet

See my products
Seller
Language
🇺🇸
Reaction score
Deals
I have been researching dispensary prices around the country for medical and recreational cannabis flower and the concentrates market which is becoming increasingly popular as of late. I am curious about the prices on the street for mid to high grade flower and concentrates, especially for the states where it remains illegal.

Where I am in rural Illinois the price has increased significantly since legalization. In 1999 a qtr oz of high quality homegrown skunk ran about $60 whereas brick was about $60 an oz. The best high quality smoke brought in from outside was $50 a qtr, which was the average then. The price remained consistent in 2009 where I lived, I quit in 2010. When I decided to sell again around 2020 I found the average cost of a qtr oz of dispensary quality weed was the same for most high quality available on the street level. $100 a qtr, or $300 an oz. Good homegrown goes for about $50 a qtr and a good oz can still be found around 150 or so but on average most of the weed on the streets is all from a dispensary somewhere. Often it comes from a medical card purchase which offers cheaper prices and no high taxs but it is then resold at the same price as the taxed stuff, or it is brought in from Michigan, Colorado, or California and resold with the out of state label which people are happy to pay more for because it found its way to them in Illinois even though they can go buy it local for about the same price.

High end concentrates average $25 a gram for wax with a medical card, and up to 35-50 without depending on sale, quality, etc.

For many the price is lower and there is no shortage of available weed. I have not heard "the county is dry" for over 15 years. This is a good thing for most but for others maybe not. I grew up in the business and for many years weed paid 75% of my bills. Today it pays about 10%. For smokers this is all good, even with higher prices because there is always high grade weed available and they never have to pop in at 4 local dealers to find a bad during a dry spell. Those local dealers that were around back then are all gone now. They too go to the dispensaries or have hidden themselves away and grow their own. I have never purchased from a dispensary and I never will but I do acknowledge that we have made progress in genetics and the quality of a homegrown plant grown by someone who has little prior experience is surprisingly good. Is it all worth the price of admission? Is being put on a list somewhere and having purchases monitored by the state a good idea in the end? Time will tell.

cofita666

Buying through escrow
New seller
Language
🇬🇧
Reaction score
Pretty high value for tthe weed,but i guess it's because you have higher standards then us in eu...
Specifically in south EU for 30 euro and less you can get 5 gr of classic weed, goood skunk was likely always.10 euro for gram

Btw couple years ago i remember when we was buying on the street gram and half for like 3 euro
Ahh good memories 😁 👋☺️

prophet

See my products
Seller
Language
🇺🇸
Reaction score
Deals
It seems like EU has lower prices on a lot of stuff. Looking at brownstone and cola on 2 different markets I notice the prices are 50% cheaper if not more at times. With shipping I can get xanax for just a bit less than here at home. I looked at about 8 pages of vendors with benzos and 90% or so were pressed brom or "pharma grade" alp and most in US. They must not be regulated as heavily over there

cofita666

Buying through escrow
New seller
Language
🇬🇧
Reaction score
Yeah that seems be true, actually here about benzos we have only originally pharmacy pills not pressed like your there,and pretty rare here in my area sell some benzos cuz you can easly get im regularly base ..

Elixw1tes

Don't buy from me
Language
🇺🇸
Reaction score
Yeah, it’s wild how much things have changed over the years. I used to deal with similar pricing swings when I was growing up. Back then, getting high-quality weed involved hunting down the right people, and prices could vary a lot. Now, with dispensaries, it's like there's a standardization that didn't exist before. I also got a high-quality bong from smokeday.com recently, and it's been a great addition without breaking the bank. It’s a whole different scene now, but like you said, having consistent access is a huge win, even if the prices have shifted.

prophet

See my products
Seller
Language
🇺🇸
Reaction score
Deals
I recently had a conversation with my daughter about weed prices where she lives. She is in a major city and she said that people there prefer homegrown and pay like $80 an Oz on average for high quality stuff. This is in a state where dispo prices are stupid high even for medical customers so I was surprised at that. I guess location makes a huge difference, even if the rest of the state is high there is always that one place where it is cheaper than everywhere else.